Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Classroom Behavior Chart

The school where I teach has implemented anindividual behavior color chart I have modified for the art classroom.  Each day when they enter the art room, they entire class is "Ready to Learn" the green color in the middle of the rainbow.  As the time elapses, I move the class up to the next color (yellow) for "Good Day," then orange for "Great Job," and finally red for "Outstanding."  I have challenged the students by giving them an incentive for reaching "Outstanding" three times.  Once they have achieved that as a class, the next time they come to art, they will get an extra special treat for just their class.  I told them it would be a surprise and vary from class to class.  A majority of the students are very motivated and intrigued by what that special day might be like for them once they get "Outstanding" three times!!

Students can also move up and down
the chart by their table number

I also have slips of corresponding paper for each class to bring back to their homeroom teacher.  That way, their teacher knows how well they were for art class!


The teachers then return these papers to me via my mailbox or just stopping by so I can recycle them!  Please notice I do not have any purple slips... that is because Purple is not a good color to end on.  I have informed my students I never expect to hand out any purples; therefore I don't even have any made!

No comments:

Post a Comment